Last month I made a large batch of channa masala hummus for a gathering of friends. It was a delicious and easy to prepare hummus that is now filed among my favourites. The recipe came from The Kathmanduo blog and the entry “Channa Masala Hummus“.
Channa Masala Hummus
Three cups cooked chickpeas
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water or reserved chickpea liquid
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place chickpeas and the next seven ingredients (through turmeric) in a food processor or high-powered blender.
2. Process or blend the chickpeas and spices until they are well combined, about 10 seconds.
3. Add the lemon juice and water (or the reserved chickpea liquid from cooking or the can). Process again until the liquid is incorporated and the mixture turns smooth, about 10 seconds.
4. Add the olive oil; if using a food processor, drizzle it through the spout on top, and if using a blender, just toss it into the main well.
5. Taste the hummus for seasoning and texture. Add salt and liquid (either water or olive oil) as you prefer. Dress with a drizzle of olive oil, a twist of lemon, and a sprinkle of garam masala.
The Kathmanduo have shared a lot of great content at their blog and I recommend looking through their adventures.